The Béla Rózsa Music Composition Competition for TU student composers will take place on Tuesday, February 15, 2022. The winning compositions will be performed at the Béla Rozsa Memorial Concert on Thursday, February 24, 2022. Entrants are responsible for providing for their own performers and for rehearsing their compositions ahead of time. Finished scores and a midi recording for each should be submitted to Dr. Joseph Rivers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 15, 2022 – Submissions are due for the Béla Rozsa Music Composition Competition for TU students.
General Criteria for Judging
- Skillful manipulation of musical materials, demonstrating craftsmanship, originality and imagination.
- Idiomatic use of instruments; writing specifically suited for instruments.
- Effective text setting, if a vocal composition.
- Structural integrity.
- Appropriate and legible score and parts preparation.
Performance Resources Available
One to five instruments/vocalists from among the following:
- Flute/piccolo, one player
- One oboe
- One clarinet in Bb
- One saxophone
- One bassoon
- One or two trumpets
- One (French) horn
- One trombone
- One tuba
- One percussionist, including timpani
- One or two violins
- One viola
- One cello
- One string bass
- One each of soprano, alto, tenor, or bass voice