Criteria for Admission into Student Teaching
- Achievement of a grade-point average of 3.0 in Professional Education courses (Educ 1101, 2103, 3171, 3713, 3733, 4013, and methods courses).
- Achievement of a grade-point average of 3.0 in major.
- A 3.0 grade-point average in 90 semester hours of academic coursework prior to application.
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or better
- Achievement of at least a “C” in all courses in teaching methods.
- Satisfactory review of Professional Portfolio by Education adviser.
- Evidence of field experience with culturally diverse students.
- Signed statement of knowledge of and compliance with pertinent State laws.
- Recommendation of the subject area adviser and Education adviser.
- Recommendation of the Director of the Department of Education.
- Must have previously been admitted to the Teacher Education Program
- Must pass the Oklahoma Subject Area Test (OSAT)
In addition to meeting the above criteria, transfer students and students with baccalaureate degrees seeking certification must have completed eight hours at The University of Tulsa, including a course in professional education and a course in their teaching field.